MomDuke
MomDuke asks:
Q:

How can I get my child with a learning disability the help she needs?

My daughter is eleven years old. She has a learning disability.She is on a second grade level in reading.I need more help for her. How do I get the help that she needs?
In Topics: Learning disabilities

|
kellysfinn
kellysfinn , Parent writes:
I think the best first step is to talk to your child's teachers and school.  Be specific about your concerns, are you concerned she is not properly diagnosed, or are you mainly concerned that she is not getting the services she needs as deemed by her IEP?  Check out our parent's guide to special education for some helpful info and strategies.

1
0
BruceDeitrickPrice
BruceDeitri... , Teacher writes:
Schools have done a terrible job of teaching your daughter to read. This is common. Then they say it's the kid's fault, it's the parent's fault. But often the school is to blame. Often phonics will help.
You need to have the child tested to find out the exact problem.
(Ever since Look-say was introduced in 1931, the USA has produced millions of functionally illiterate children. Also a million so-called dyslexic  children. If that term has been used about your child, see video.)

0
0
beem80
beem80 writes:

You can the site of www.readingeggs.com.  Please try this site.  I think it will help her alot.  It is the best reading program for her.

Take care,

Bee

0
0
jeanjoplin
jeanjoplin writes:
ask the school to do a SST or an IEP test talk to the princple there are many options they can assist you with.

0
0