Formwalt
Formwalt , Teacher asks:
Q:

I have a child who is always making violent statements. What are some positive things I can do?

My almost kindergartener is always making statements to his peers about how he is going to hurt them. For example,"I am going to cut your neck off, My name is choke man and I am going to choke you". His parents are not any help right now and I am looking for some positive ways I can assist this child.

|

I wonder where did he learn to talk like that and why aren't his parents helpful?  Does he hear people talk like that at home?  Is anybody doing that to him?  How is his behavior in general?  Is he aggressive, sad, moody?  Does he destroy property?  Could he be neglected or exposed to any form of abuse?  Is there a mental health problem going on?

After addressing some of the above questions, you will find it easier to decide what needs to be done.

0
0

JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Children normally copy what they hear and see.  They could also be getting from the TV - so he must be removed from watching these violent movies.  You can ask that he be seen at the school's counseling department to determine if there is any abuse occurring at home or to him.

0
0