Vniles
Vniles asks:
Q:

How can I help my child with organization skills?

How can I help my child with organization skills? I have tried several of the options listed and he continues to have problems. It is so bad that he can have a 96 average in test scores and barely pass a class due to lack of organization and handing in assignments. Please help.
In Topics: Helping my child with school work and home work

|

That sounds really frustrating!  Can you tell us a little more about your son and this situation?  What grade is he in?  Has he always had problems staying organized or is this something new?  With a bit more information hopefully other parents in the community will be able to share some great advice.

In the mean time, check out this article on time management.  Maybe it will provide some good tips for you and your son:  http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Dont_Procrastinate_Teach_Your/

Education.com Community Team

1
0
LDSolutions
LDSolutions , Child Professional writes:
Read the following article: Helping Children with Organizational Skills
It will give you some tips and insight- written by a child psychologist in Beverly Hills.

http://pridelearningcenter.com/?p=147

1
0
smulcaire
smulcaire writes:
I am the author of The Middle School Student's Guide to Ruling the World!
I wrote the workbook, which is now a successful middle school organizational skills curriculum. Bright students often underachieve due to a lack of work habits, time management and organizational skills. It's a situation I faced with my son in 6th grade - the result was this program. There are many tips and articles on my website that will help you help your son. From binder organization, to long term project planning...

0
0
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
A project management degree helps people to be more organized an able to handle their time well. You could teach your kids basic organization skills like making them put their clothes in the hamper or other things. Remember also to lead by example.

0
0