chandler99
chandler99 asks:
Q:

How can I help my child overcome her weight problem?

I need help getting my child overcome her weight problem. I think my whole family would benefit from some sort of education in the subject. Where would I go in the butler county ohio area. I am a frustrated father who is at his witts end.
In Topics: Eating disorders

|
Hi Chandler99,

I know you're really frustrated right now but I think it's great that you're looking for ways to improve your family's health (and happiness!).  Could you let us know how old your daughter is?  That will help our community members share better advice (successful weight loss looks very different for a five year old than for a fifteen year old).

Education.com Community Team

0
0
michaelbartone
michaelbart... writes:
Sounds like you are really are looking out for your child. I would suggest meeting with your child's doctor to see if s/he can help you find foods that are healthy for the whole family to enjoy. You might even consider going to a nutritionist. I know these can expensive options, so you might even begin with the school nurse. Finally, since Spring has begun, even though in Ohio you are still getting snow!, I would suggest staring some outdoor activities the whole family can enjoy. It can be hard to put your child out there on their own to join a team sport's, so maybe start family bike rides or family walks. You could, if at all possible, make a contract to take a 30 minute walk after dinner.

I wish you the best! It great to see you taking a proactive role before it's too late.

0
0