Anonymous
Q:

My child was physically assaulted outside of the school

My 11yo daughter was hit repeatedly at a birthday party gala at a reception hall.  Over 70 girls were in attendance at the party and most are in my daughter's 6th grade class. [Name removed by JustAsk moderator], the ringleader, repeatedly hit my daughter with hard blows with her palm to my daughter's back.  She hit her so many times, that my daughter lost count.  [name removed by JustAsk moderator] had 3 of her friends hit my daughter once each that night. [name removed by JustAsk moderator] also hit her with a hard hula hoop.  My daughter's friends a few times tried to shield my daughter.  My daughter hid in the bathroom stall and [name removed by JustAsk moderator] and her friends cornered her there.  Finally, they left the bathroom.  My daughter said that she hardly knows the girls since they are all new to the middle school.  The next day at school, [name removed by JustAsk moderator] and her friend hid my daughter's glasses and soiled her lunch.  That was when my daughter finally told me what happened.  My daughter could punch them and hurt them since she is strong and bigger, but she refuses.  And I agree.  Why be prosecuted by the bully.  I will file a complaint with police because I want my daughter to attend the birthday parties (many more are planned) without feeling anxious.  The principle is mad at me and one teacher said that my daughter might suffer in the community if I file a report!!!  [name removed by JustAsk moderator] father is a doctor in the community and has many older children with fine reputations that might make my daughter suffer!  I never met these people and hope I never do!  The principle gave a 2 day suspension to [name removed by JustAsk moderator].

|

As a parent it is our responsiblity to take care of our children. If your daughter is being assaulted then you did the right thing by reporting this to the proper authority.

Praise your daughter for telling you what was happening to her. Continue to encourage her to speak up and not stand for the bullying.

You are right your daughter should be able to enjoy activities with her friends and also feel secure and safe at these events.

1-800-448-3000

0
0