Mom1st
Mom1st asks:
Q:

My child was physically assaulted by his teacher. This experience has had a dramatic effect on him. As a parent what should I do?

During the final period of the day, my son was being reprimanded for holding his head down in class. As a result, he was the last to be dismissed @ the end of the day. On his way to the bus he stops @ the water fountain 2 get a drink of water. He did this w/o asking permission ( which is the only excuse he could come up with to justify the teacher's behavior). From the water fountain he starts to sprint to avoid getting left by the bus. He feels the presence of someone else running behind him. When he turns to look he notices it's his teacher. @ this point the teacher is right up on him. He grabs him from behind, kicking him on the back of the leg bringing him 2 his knees. He pushes him down causing him to almost hit his head on a brick wall. He was then ordered to do pushups. The kids already on the bus watched as the teacher kicks him on his leg a total of 3 times, then grabs my child by the back of his neck pulling him to his feet & pushes him back into the building. He is now shouting @ him to tuck his shirt in. He pushes him into a table, grabs him by the neck forcing him down to the ground demanding more pushups. He holds a tight grip around my childs neck. My child asks how can I do pushups if you're holdin my neck? He kicks him twice in his right side with blunt force. Another student along with my son's cousin, witnessed the 2nd half of events which happened while in the building. She intervened by demanding that he comes with her to get on the bus. The teacher stops
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, School safety (not bullying)

|

AnnieFox

Woah... this sounds awful!  If what you describe actually happened (and I have no reason to believe it didn't happen exactly as described it's just that there are always at least 2 sides to every story) this teacher has broken the law and ought to be prosecuted. I trust that you took this account of what happened directly to the head of the school, right? At the very least, this teacher should be suspended while this incident is being investigated. You should not wait, however, until the school finishes it's investigation, you should talk to an attorney ASAP. And you should also get your son to a licensed family therapist so that he can talk to a professional about what happened so he can begin to sort out his feelings and start the healing process.

6
0

eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
There is absolutely no excuse for the teacher to physically attack your son.
I understand if a teacher has to use force to restrain a student or intervene in a situation between students. but it doesn't sound like this was the case. The kicking part sound like a unnecessary brutality (The whole thing seem like excessive use of force based on what you described)

You NEED to take this matter to the school administration, the school district and to the police if needed.

http://www.education.com/topic/school-bullying-teasing/

5
0
cortezboys
cortezboys writes:
I witnessed because I was present at the time of the assault and battery on a class mate of my Kindergarten son's teacher toward this child. Grab the child and drag him to the back of the class room, slam him into the chair and told him not to get up. Stay there. You're not going to learn any way. The others here want to learn. This crazy, aggressive teacher screams at the children all day. Constant put downs. Tells children to, "Sit!" as if speaking to his dog.

When children try to raise a question or answer, they are ignored, and told we're not talking about that anymore. Quiet.

The substitutes are from HELL.
This entire staff is also from HELL.

The Kindergarten Classes are NoT allowed to drink water during recess or after recess. Only before recess.

I have brought all matters up to the Vice Principal, Main Principal. The Superintendent. The assistant Superintendent. Special Education Director because my son has been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD. Possible Aspberger Syndrome.
My son would beg me to go to school with him to protect him.
his son and my five yr old son whom does have Autism.
This whole ordeal is sickening. It disgusts me. These people as I have told them in emails, are running a Nazi prison camp/compound. Filth, shocking is what it is.
My son has developed stomach problems because of the torture. My son in the beginning of this whole traumatizing ordeal was 5yrs. old, and his younger brother 4yrs. old. which have turned one year older since 2011.

What would you recommend.
I am currently trying to go public with this, I want the News paper at the Board Meeting, I want the local Television News reporter present also.
I am outraged that because I look Mexican, that these sick Os's can treat me or any body else like they want.
I am also getting the ACLU involved.
California Rural Legal Assistance involved for direction.

3
0
lincky
lincky writes:
i am sorry i am new at this web site but i hope that you pressured charges on the teacher and i hope he is not a this school any more this is scaring me what school was this at and what grade was your school in

1
0
hleziphi
hleziphi writes:
That was totally not the teacher's behavior but a thug's behavior.This really sounds like it's a ghetto school,does this school have a principal?Really this teacher needs anger management cause if he is kept in school before he hurts more children

0
0
SLH156
SLH156 writes:
I would contact a lawyer now, not yesterday, or tomorrow. If this goes on longer and longer w/o saying anything then things become harder on the child, and I found out was or could deviated I know. And something as horrible as this would. This should become a legal issue for the person whom is allege to have assaulted your son. Talk to a lawyer, and not just one, pick out a number of lawyers to call. Speak with them as soon as you can, then go from there.

0
0