klaaranurminen
klaaranurmi... asks:
Q:

My child has problem making friends

My daughter is 6 yrs old and is very shy girl . she has been going to the new daycare since ending of last year , it has been more than 8 months she still struggles to make friends.

My child likes one girl a lot in her group, wants to be with her all the time but that girl has other friends .she plays with my daughter only when there are none of her friends around . When her friends are around she neglects my daughter  and sometimes she is mean to her .She said that my daughter is boring and others are great , this really upset my daughter a lot she kept on saying why am I boring? How can i convince my daughter not to play with such kids who make her upset. How much ever i say , my daughter still wants to play with her .  

As my daughter is very shy ,  she don't go and make friends because she had been rejected several times by the same  above girl . she always says she doesn't have friends . She doesn't dare to go and ask other kids  because she is afraid of being rejected .  Her teachers are of no help.

I'm really upset over this issue .What should i do about this ? Please help.

In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|