Terascoll
Terascoll asks:
Q:

Another child took her room and she has to sleep on the floor. What can I do?

My daughter goes to her fathers every other weekend. When she goes she has no bed to sleep in and has to sleep on the hardwood floor (the new family took her room). And I pack her clothes , panties, toothbrush etc. She comes back nasty and usually in the same clothes I send her in. Hasn't brushed her teeth all weekend or changed her panties. What steps do I take to make sure she is taken care of? Should I even send her back with no bed? She is 6. There is a total of  6 or 7 people living in that house now and its a 4 bedroom 1 bath. All girls and her dad. There's no room for her! Not even on the couch! She comes back starved because they don't cook "she says mama I have to take care of myself they don't even feed me". Is there anything I can do?
In Topics: Divorce Issues

|

ShirleyCressDudley

I'm sorry to hear this. If you truly believe that they aren't feeding your daughter, making sure she bathes and changes clothes- then it's time to revisit the visitation agreement.  You will need some legal help or at least mediation for this.

Before you go to these lengths, try a short phone call to the ex or to his new wife, to ask how your daughter is adjusting to the visits. Possibly you will get some insight there.

Kindest Regards,
Shirley Cress Dudley, MA LPC NCC
Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center

0
0

tinsixie
tinsixie writes:
:(( this is so sad poor baby, i would talk to the father about your problem if that is not possible go to the courts, they do have legal aid in most citys

0
0