Shammah7 asks:

How do I get my child's school records?

I would like to obtain a copy of my child's school record as the non-custodial parent.  How do I go about this?
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with my child's teacher(s), My Relationship with my child's school
> 60 days ago



Aug 5, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

As the non-custodial parent you are entitled to copies of educational records. Your consent to release records needs to specify which records to release, the reasons for such release, and to whom. You may need to provide a copy of the divorce decree giving you access to these records. Make your request in writing for the specific records you wish to have copied. The school personnel have 10 working days to provide the records.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely