ddavila
ddavila asks:
Q:

IF your child went through whole school year without know anything about the second grade can you sue for education malpractice?

My daughter was put in a CTT class(Collaborative Team Teaching) without my acknowledgement. There was a lot of student that had behavior problems, therefore, Her teacher would discontinue the session, catch an attitude and told the students not to ask her any questions. So for students like my child that did not understand the work would remain lost. At one point my child was unable to answer "what did you learn today in school?"because there were so many distractions. I sat in class a few time and witness how the teacher would react when she lost her patience with students that have over the top behavior problems. My child was given a promotion in doubt letter. The principle made an action plan that would prevent her from getting left behind. I was told that my daughter was definitely being promoted to third grade. My daughter did not receive the extra classes that I was promised. In result my daughter was put back in the second grade and now they gave her an IEP. The IEP that was generated I did not agree with but I was told I still had to sign.  Is this consider education malpractice?

|