rosiemontan... asks:

What do i do if my child has special needs?

what if he got adhd and need to work in a small class?
In Topics: Learning disabilities, Special needs, ADHD & attention issues
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Aug 19, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Dear Rosie:

Start with your pediatrician, clinic or medical home.  Find out what his/he needs might be and work with the office to coordinate with your school.  If your child is over three, federal law provides for evaluation and support services through your school, state and county. If your child has special needs because of a medical diagnosis such as ADHD, your school must provide an IEP or individual education plan to provide the best education.  Start with your doctor.

Wayne Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely