Pam10 asks:

Can my child start Kinder Garten at 4?

My child is 4 years old and we are residing in Louisiana. She is intellectually advanced for her age and can do spellings of 3 letter words, read some 4 or 5 letter words, write all letters, her first and last name and numbers up to 20. She is in Pre-K currently and inspite of changing schools with her she does not feel challenged enough in the class. We were wondering if she can start Kinder Garten at 4?
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

Hi Pam10,

I recommend you contact the school district and/or local school(s) in your area to find out their specific policies and procedures for kindergarten enrollment. You can research the district and local schools' contact info in SchoolFinder:

You can also do some research on the website for the Louisiana Department of Education here:

Below are some additional resources your family may find helpful.