Anonymous
Q:

How can I help my child stay focused?

How do I help my child focus? My third grader is having trouble paying attention in school - he's distracted. He has no trouble paying attention when he's doing something fun at home (or playing sports at recess). How can I help my son focus better in class?
In Topics: ADHD & attention issues, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Several ways help.  Start by being sure of a good nights sleep.  At third grade, pediatricians estimate 10-11 hours is needed.  Next, breakfast is important to start the day and help with focus. Fun at home only demonstrates his ability to play.  Focus is largely at school.  Some boys with ADHD do well with quick tasks but not school work.  Approach your teachers for more information then run it by your pediatrician.  Best wishes for success.

2
1

rpalomin5
rpalomin5 writes:
I have a 12yr old son that has ADHD and is Deaf. He has been on several different medications for ADHD since age 3. S I can definately say we have quite a bit of experience in this matter. Now,I am not one of those people that think you should medicate your child for every little thing. I can truely say that the meds have helped my son to consentrate better and be able to perform better in school. I have also found that giving him a squishy ball to have in class helps him concentrate, as well as (sugarfree) hard candy and gum, again make sure this is all sugarfree. Chewing gum helps release seritonin, which  is a well-known contributor to feelings of well-being, therefore it is also known as a happiness hormone.

0
0
Special123
Special123 writes:
My son which is 6 years old is having a hard time staying focus in school. i have ran out of ideas on what i need to do to  help him.

0
0