Charmamya
Charmamya asks:
Q:

My child is stealing from her class members and mean to her teacher.

She will take things from kids also get angry when they don't let her do something. Also the teacher is really young. I believe she is not firm like she should be. Because she is just so calm and sarcastic about the behavior like it doesn't bother her. What should I do? I have done every punishment in the book. I'm lost and she is 5 yr. old.

|

As parent we want to see our children making good decisions. When they don't make those good choices we need to take the time to teach them how to make better decision

At neutral times you can role play with your daughter about how to express our anger appropriately. Give her the words and that she can use when she is upset about something. Show her how she can count to ten to help herself calm down when upset.

Make sure to praise your daughter when you see her making good choices and being friendly to her classmates or the teacher.

You may also want to check out the parenting.org website they have some great tools and ideas for parents.

1-800-448-3000

0
0