Anonymous asks:

Child support and College in Massachusetts.

Hi, my husband pays child support for a 21 yr old child who is  supposedly in college.  He called the college one time to obtain his marks, but the clerk told him that he needs a supoena.  Is that true?  
In Topics: State education standards, Divorce Issues
> 60 days ago



Mar 1, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

For anyone to access the grades or financial documents of your child or stepchild- their is a process.  It's not as hard as a supeona- it's just a form that you fill out with the college that grants access.  

If the college has difficulty with it being his stepfather, then you fill out the form and get the access (it's usually email access) and allow your husband to view the information.  This is a pretty common process, so don't worry. Get on the phone with the registrar's office, and ask them for help to get this figured out.

Kindest regards,

Shirley Cress Dudley, MA LPC NCC FACMPE
Executive Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center
Best selling author of the book, Blended Family Advice

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely