rosemaryrosemary
rosemaryros... asks:
Q:

My child turned three on february 1st, and he doesnt really knows figures or colors, why?

had tried playing games in the computer that are supposed to help him but nothing works.He just doesnt understands.sometimes i tried to explain him  somenthing  and is like he cant  understands what i am saying either.He also likes to interrupt me when i am on the phone or busy.In my house we speak english and spanish.( mostly spanish) i think that is what is confusing him. Also when he tells me somenthing i cant understand wht he says at all its like he was mixing the words or something.he cant write anything and doesnt knows how to read either. How am i supposed to teach him all these things? its impossible. i had spent along time trying to teach him the numbers 1-10 in english and spanish,but he always skips a couple of them.When the the doctor showed him figures such as a circle and a star he couldnt indetified them.THe only thing he was able to recognize was the figure of a  hand.i am a single mother and live with him and my 3 other girls that are like 10 years older them than him. His father moved out of the house a year ago and my son rarely sees him. Could it be that affecting him?someone ans wer my questions please.
In Topics: Physical development, Self esteem and identity

|
Mrs.CK
Mrs.CK writes:
Because your son is only three, you should not be worried about the lack of skills you mentioned. Give him time. If he is not able to identify shapes or count to ten when he is closer to five, then ask your pediatrician to evaluate him. If you read to your son each day, he will probably pick up on his shapes and numbers within the next year.

0
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
All children are affected by parents who are seperated.  However, you can only be the best mom that you can be.  Children learn by you teaching them.  Firstly, one language must be used so that he is able to understand what is being said to him.  Secondly, children learn through play - you need to show him a colour and then ask him to find that colour in the room, in his clothes.  He first learns to match, then name  and then identify colours, shapes, body parts, objects.  Take him for a walk and name the things you see in the road or the places you visit.  the more you expose him to objects the more he will start learning and talking.  3 year olds are supposed to be climbing, running playing in the park.  Many concepts can be taught when he is in the park - up the steps and down the slide, around and around when on the roundabout, back and forth when on the swings, high and low.  writing is only scribbles or circles.  ask the girls to play hide and seek with him.  make his learning fun.

0
0