DMOSSELLER
DMOSSELLER asks:
Q:

MY CHILD WONT LISTEN AND WONT STOPING HITTING HIS SELF WHAT DO I DO?

I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD SON THAT WONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING WE SAY NO MATTER WHAT WE DO NOTHING WORKS AND HE HITS HIS SELF IN THE HEAD WHEN HE GETS MAD OR DONT GET HIS WAY WHAT CAN I DO TO GET HIM TO LISTEN AND STOP HITTING HIM SELF. WE WILL TELL HIM TO NOT GET ON THE OVEN DOOR OR THE DISHWASHER AND HE STILL DOES TIME OUT DONT SEEM TO WORK OR PUNISHING HIM FUSSING OR ANYTHING PLEASE HELP ME CAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO IS IT JUST THE TROBBLE TWOS THAT HE IS GOING THOU OR WHAT CAUSE IT IS HORRIBLE

|

Most 2 year old will teat their limits and will push parents as far as possible.  The most important thing is not to give in!  

First of all, be consistent: for every behavior that you do not approve, give your child time out.  If he escapes before the timer goes off, you sit in the time out with him: have him sit in your lap, and if he fights, put him in a bear's hug where you cross your arms over his torso and your legs over his legs to prevent him from kicking.

Second of all, do not focus your discipline on the negatives.  Use a lot of positive reinforcement, hugs and kisses and praises for all the good things that he is doing.

Third, if whatever you are doing does not work or your son's behaviors get worse, talk with his regular health care provider.

2
0

ebhs
ebhs writes:
For one tell him to stop and if he don't grabe him and hold his arms

0
0
Mspamala
Mspamala writes:
It may be the terrible twos but it sounds like he is also responding to the discipline. Hopefully he just wants to do the correct thing in the first place but his curiosity is letting him get into places that are dangerous. I would try to keep everything in a positive note. When he climbs onto the dishwasher door, say, "I need you to play on the floor where it is safe." While you are saying that, remove him far enough from the dishwasher that he cannot get back up quickly, put some toys in front of him, and close and lock the dishwasher door for awhile.

Try to keep things positive for a few weeks. If this doesn't help his behavior, I would talk to his pediatrician.

0
0