BBDAD
BBDAD asks:
Q:

how serious is childhood diabetes

In Topics: Medical problems

|

It is a life threatening life altering disease which is significant but very easily treated and managed to assure a full and active life.  With the support of the physician, nurse, office, glucose monitoring, and careful eye and skin exams, most of the adverse consequences of diabetes can be avoided.

0
0

FredMBland
FredMBland writes:
The symptoms of type 1 diabetes in children may cause sudden change in behaviors. In which your child may be rebellious or cantankerous in nature. It is very harmful and may cause him to more engulfed  in diabetes. You should be aware of any changes in behavior that clue you into a drop in blood glucose. Imagine your ordinarily quiet child becomes rowdy and uncontrollable, or your active child becomes quiet and subdued. Shifts from their normal behavior range should indicate that it is time for you to check their blood glucose level. If you find any kind of change in it than consult with the doctor and start giving proper treatment to him otherwise it may be harmful for him. Here is a link that would help you to find best treatment of diabetes.

0
0
Lisa18967
Lisa18967 writes:
I Have Diabetes: A Children's Book About Juvenile Diabetes
A book about a little girl who has just been diagnosed with Juvenile (Type 1) Diabetes, her struggle to understand it, and cope with her new life situation. This book will help children and adults, of all ages, understand the everyday life issues associated with Juvenile Diabetes. This book has been written to show the most up to date medical devices, information, and practices for Juvenile Diabetes.
-I purchased this book because I have two grandchildren with typw 1 diabetes. It is written expressly for children and they are able to understand it. The drawings and language are directed at them so they can feel involved. I think it is a very well thought out and written book. I highly recommend it for anyone who knows or has a child with this disease.

0
0