heimenieber4
heimenieber4 , Student, Teacher asks:
Q:

Should you give students an important test if they did not study for it and it counts for 3/4th of their grade?

...the teacher whom i work for out today: the children are supposed to be taking a test that counts for 3/4 of there grade i just entered the classroom and found out that the kids didn't study because when there teacher recommended they have a study party they decided to just party the children are down right begging me to not give the test till the next day when [their teacher] is back they have promised to study i don't want to be harsh and make them take a test that they don't even know the answers to and [the teacher] wont answer her cellphone but i am not sure if the kids where just to lazy to study blew it off knowing [their teacher] would be out and are trying to take advantage of me i could get in trouble the teachers desperately need the results of this test for there report cards please subscribe before 8:45 today they have to get the test done by then thank you and have a marvelous day
In Topics: School and Academics, Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!), State education standards

|

Allyn Anderson

This is certainly a sticky situation for you. Perhaps you could try to consult with the supervisor at the school about this situation to gain some insight. Or, at this point, you might want to visit with the teacher you subbed for at school to verify the assignment.

It's hard for me to imagine that any one test would be 3/4 of a student's grade; I suspect there is something more to this picture. However, bottom line? When I leave plans for a sub to do when I'm absent, I anticipate that the sub will follow the plans that were left regardless of the students' comments.

Good luck as you continue to work through this situation.

0
0
Anonymous