parvo
parvo asks:
Q:

What is the best way children learn vocabulary? ( 2nd/ 3rd / 4th grade in class)

|
lawrencia
lawrencia writes:
children learn vocabulary through medias like the television,internet and many things....and also putting down new words and finding their meaning helps them to build new vocabularies.

0
0
ragkas
ragkas writes:
With simple examples  available in the classroom

0
0
ErinMaggio
ErinMaggio writes:
Hello Parvo,

I am an elementary teacher and tutor.  I have taught kindergarten, second, third and fourth grade. I think word study is very important for students. You can incorporate vocabulary into literature units they are currently reading. Or you may teach them in their small reading group.  Usually, when students get older, like in upper intermediate grades, they may be responsible for learning a group of vocabulary words.  Students who I tutor may read a novel with me. We discuss the characters, plot, setting, events, and the climax. We also discuss and define vocabulary words that I think they should know. Parents can incorporate the selected vocabulary words  in their daily lives.  

Hope this information was helpful for you.

Teacher in Maryland

1
0
yolandelindsey
yolandelind... writes:
By showing your children or child, things in the house and ask them what it for.

2
0
BradenLover
BradenLover writes:
As a student I think the best way to teach vocabulary is playing a game. It is fun and you also learn at the same time. My second grade teacher did that and it was the best school year so far.

1
0