irenectrevi asks:

I want to know if there are children with mild aspergers?

My child is 4 years old. Ever since he was born, my son showed all of the signs of autism. I have tried to do all of the strategies to help him overcome autism and have managed to have his symptom's less noticeable. He started PK this year and was having a hard time socializing, but his awesome teacher helped him become more sociable. I am in the process of getting him tested for aspergers but I am scared he will be misdiagnosed because of my modifications. He still shows some of the signs but the most noticeable one are very minimal.
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

Aspergers is a mild form of Autism and has many varying degrees.  Yes, there are children who may have some "symptoms" of the disorder, such as difficulty with socializing, but clearly can be successful, productive and happy!  To clearly understand Asperger's Syndrome and perhaps help your son, please feel free to connect with the School Psychologist or Early Intervention Team associated with the PK programs in your public school.

Louise Sattler