MELISSAV6
MELISSAV6 asks:
Q:

Children Phonics Dictionary

Is there a site where I can go to like Starfall.com where it can help me with my son's spelling words? The words are getting difficult and I am having a hard time trying to explain on his level. And give a definition to help him form a sentence.
In Topics: Helping my child with writing, Helping my child with school work and home work

|
romacox
romacox writes:
I am not sure what grade level we are talking about.

At the first link you can hear the different phonic sounds for free in video format.  The fourth video has the blends like ai, ea, ie ext..  That may be the one you are looking for. But, it is a good idea to make sure your child is enunciating all the phonic sounds correctly...very important (the first video explains)

The second link is Sequential spelling which teaches spelling by teaching root words. It was designed for children with dyslexia, but works well with all children.

The Third link is an on line dictionary.  I hope this helps.  If not, please provide more details

1
0
I have provided two links that will allow you to create your own word list for practice and testing and wordsmyth provides lots of useful information for defining words including audio.

1
0