N'gabe
N'gabe asks:
Q:

Children who scream can be very disruptive during teaching. What can be done to reduce or alleviate this behavioral problem in a classroom?

|
Khadinee2
Khadinee2 writes:
Being consistent in telling children not to scream in class, would effectively work in the long run. The other students would eventually tell the ones who scream, "Miss say No Screaming". But, time outs may work or removal of priviledges. Inside voices do not scream-that's one of my classroom rules.

0
0
LovingMommy
LovingMommy writes:
I would suggest a child to close his/her eyes and count to ten, and/or use his/her words to express thoughts.

0
0
christamarie1
christamarie1 writes:
I have same problem with child at home.  How can I break her violent outbursts?

0
0
Shornet
Shornet writes:
It can be very disruptive and distracting. We use a calm down spot in my class where we have a comfy corner, stuff toys, feelings poster and a journal where they can draw how they feel. You should  give students the pre-correction about using inside voices in the classroom, and telling the/ to go to calm down spot when they feel angry/upset/mad. Teachers can also send students to calm down too in that spot. This will take some time for students to get accustomed to so you have to reinforce it everyday. If it gets too loud you can also have an outside calm down area.

1
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Do some brain gym or take a five minute break and allow them to move around and make funny sounds - loud ones and soft ones.  In this way you get rid of excess energy.

0
0