Anonymous
Q:

HELP! Children sexual interests?

HELP!!! I walked in my child's room where my three children suppose to be playing while I was downstairs doing work on the computer, I walked upstairs to check on them and before I entered the room I seen the door was closed and only heard quite mumbling of my older daughter's voice(7) as if she was guiding the others. I immediately knew what they were doing from a previous time and slung open the door out of rage. I saw my older two 7/5 were on the bed under the cover, clothed and I asked what were they doing and of course told me "nothing". I was abused as a child and reacted out of anger and spanked their butts with a belt for the first time, and the reason I did was due to previous times before of trying to explain to them this was not acceptable and that no one is ever allowed to touch their privates, the discssion went on futher but you understand. I am mortified at what I myself have done, no matter what they do that never gave me the right to spank them. I've done what my father done to me as a child and I will never forgive myself for this! I actually gave my child a bruise! my aunt said when I saw what they were doing immediate flash backs of my abuse as a child came to mind and I just saw red (really angry). I hate myself for it and I despise people who abuse their kids. This sexual behavior they are showing, is this normal? I've spoke to them like I said before but should I take them to see a therapist? any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

|

Naturally kids are curious about their body parts and playing doctor.  Since you stated that they had done this once before, it is a good time to do some teaching on the subject.  At the time this happened, you did react and you are remorseful.  Now it is time to talk with them about what is appropriate and what is not.  If you feel that they may need to see a therapist in regards to this or any other issue, it never is a bad idea.  You may want to consider talking with someone about your past abuse as a child as well.  As you stated, it is never okay to hit a child in a situation like this.  You may feel more in control and see less "red" when you get the support that you need.  Talking with counselors on the phone can help during a crisis but in the long run, therapy is probably the best option.
0
0