lisa012
lisa012 asks:
Q:

I would like my childs AR results

In Topics: Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!)

|

Allyn Anderson

AR results? That's a new acronym to me. Consider calling your child's school and talk to the guidance dept. I am sure they will be able to help you.

Good luck in your search.

0
0

Hi Lisa012,

I'm guessing that if you are looking for AR results-you would like to know what your child's Accelerated Reading results are.  These tests are a computer generated test based on books that your child has read in primary grades (k-8).  The teacher will have a computer log record of how she is performing on these tests and also would have the recommended reading level for your child.  Please note that these scores are not 100% accurate (as the teacher will most likely tell you) it's a timed test and although it is designed to give a good idea of what level your child should be reading on and it's a great way to test their reading comprehension, it is still a computer program without the exact perception of how your child reads.  The scores generally will be set in a range.  An example would be 3.8 - this would indicate that the child is reading on 3rd grade into the 8 month of the school year and then a range will be set usually varying within .5 points, so this reading score of 3.8 would mean your child should be reading in a range of 3.3 - 4.3.  In school, they are continuously testing the books that your child has read and although the reading range will not be updated throughout the year, the score will be monitored and points will be earned for the testing results.

You will need to talk directly to the teacher to obtain this information, because it's not something that is reported on a regular basis as other grades are on a report card, online, etc.  

Also, I've provided a link to a GREAT site called Book Adventure.  This site has over 7000 books on a list that your child can read and then take a test on, much like the AR test.  Your child will earn points and then can exchange those points for FREE prizes.  It is also FREE to register, the site keeps a running book list of the books read & test scores and after you have registered, you can follow your child's progress through your account.  This will provide extra practice for the reading comprehension skills and AR testing.  

0
0
Show me another question in this topic