fritzr
fritzr asks:
Q:

Cloned Food Anyone?

Today the FDA released a study saying that meat and milk from cloned cows, pigs and goats and their offspring is safe.  The study concludes that there is no scientific evidence that consuming products from cloned animals and their offspring has a detrimental effect on human health.  They lifted a voluntary moratorium on products from the offspring of cloned animals but requested that the voluntary moratorium on meat and milk from cloned animals entering the food supply remain in place pending further investigations.  Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable testing new food items on my kids.  Would you feel comfortable feeding cloned food to your children?  Is it all much ado about nothing?
In Topics: Nutrition, Green living

|
kellysfinn

Best Answer!

I agree Fritz, I am hesitant about this issue too. It seems like an ethical issue, as well as a health/safety issue.  I know this probably helps farmers' productivity, but I think many consumers will not want to consume cloned products. I just hope we as consumers feel like we have information to make that decision, I wonder if there will be a special label on the foods?

0
0

KateL
KateL writes:
Hi Fritz,

I read about that, too.  I think that personally, I wouldn't eat it or feed it to anyone until I knew more about it. It feels very very strange, doesn't it?

Anyone else have an opinion?

Edu-Katherine

0
0
JSorrentino
JSorrentino writes:
The question is "Where do we draw the line?" I draw it at dolly the sheep. And I can tell you one thing: I am going to be paying much closer attention to the packaging on my meat!

0
0
Anonymous