lado
lado asks:
Q:

What is cognitive therapy? How can it help in depression?

i m a medical student suffering from frequent episodes of depressions.......... just want to be perfectly well and get rid of it now.... i m 21 yrs old........and what can i do increase my concentration power.....which has been hampered a lot due to depression.plz let me know about cognitive therapy , would it will help me.....and in what respect...... if it will help where can i get it in india/
Member Added on Jul 7, 2010
i m already takin medicines for depression since last one year ....after consultation......but think they give only short term relive.......because i had being sufferig from frequent episodes of depression..........
In Topics: Cognitive development, Physical Health, Depression

|

Cognitive therapy works with biofeedback and mind training. It requires a therapist who is able to provide the skill. Most of the time medication helps the depression which then increases concentration.  SSRI's are the medications most frequently used.  I would see your physician in confidence and ask about therapy. In India your country has many psychiatrists in the larger cities from the medical schools.  Check with your adviser.

1
0

Hi Lado,

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from depression, and continue to have frequent episodes despite taking medicine for one year. Unfortunately, though, depression is not something that can be treated in an online forum like JustAsk, and instead, you need to seek help from a doctor offline/in-person for this condition. Please re-visit the doctor who prescribed your depression medication, and/or another health professional as soon as possible.

Also, because the Education.com community is largely based in the United States (focused on parenting and education in this country), you may not find the best referrals to doctors and mental health resources in India from this website. Please instead seek immediate help from medical professionals (and your family) local to you in India.  

Thank you!

0
0
Anonymous