Pinky61
Pinky61 asks:
Q:

Looking for College Immunization Exemption

I did not have any shots when I was growing up. My parents religion did not permit it. I was just lucky enough to have to suffer through the childhood diseases as I grew up. There are no records to show any of this. I am looking into going to college in the fall and need some type of exemption form for this.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
In Topics: Physical Health, Getting ready for college

|
kevin_edu
kevin_edu writes:
Your exemption (and whether or not you need one) depends on the specific University that you attend, so you should contact the admissions office for the colleges that you are considering.

2
0
Yvette_Z
Yvette_Z writes:
Most states require immunization for college students.  Some have separate exemption laws, while others have one set of exemption laws that apply to all schools, including post-secondary schools.  College students in healthcare curriculums that require them to do clinical work in local hospitals or other healthcare facilities may have a more complicated situation.  Those facilities may require vaccines of their employees and students doing clinical work as a matter of institutional policy, and not state law.  Where that's the case, state exemption laws may not be helpful.  There is a law in about a dozen states that can help students with religous-based objections (which qualifies in broad, but there are legal pitfalls as well).

0
0