VONESS
VONESS asks:
Q:

Looking for college for special needs student.

STUDENTS WITH COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT
In Topics: Getting ready for college, Special needs

|
hlevitan
hlevitan , Teacher writes:
Voness,

It is great that you are looking for a college that will be the right fit for your student with special needs.  Finding the right college that provides for your students' learning needs is extremely important for having a high quality education.

Here are a cluster of articles under the "College Choice and Special Needs" section of Education.com:  
http://www.education.com/topic/college-choice-for-special-needs/

I hope you find this information helpful.  It should answer some questions about how to select the best school for your child's needs and how to help your child transition to college smoothly.  Best wishes to you and your child during your college search!

Regards,

Hayley

1
0
graceannsassone
graceannsas... writes:
There is a college in Alabama. A  mother that I know is sending her son there. I am not sure of the name but if interested I could get more info.

0
0
kcranston
kcranston writes:
There is a program at the University of Iowa called REACH.  It is intended for Students with Special Needs.  It is a two or three year program where the students are required to live on campus in the dorm.  It seems to be an excellent program.

0
0