eitchlil1s
eitchlil1s asks:
Q:

What college or university do you recommend for a HS junior who wants to be a high school math teacher?

In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Houli

A number of colleges across your state are likely to have very good programs to prepare students to teach high school mathematics. One idea you could look into is to talk with your guidance counselor and get that person to give you a list of colleges that have good reputations in this area.

For example, I live in North Carolina and the list of colleges that prepare students to teach mathematics in our state total 12 colleges. Most do a very good job, and I would be pleased if my child went to any one of these colleges.

Being a graduate of a college with certification to teach high school mathematics is an excellent choice to consider, as mathematics is a hard subject to find qualified candidates. You will likely have a number of teaching opportunities in this subject area.

1
0