rlwjr1219
rlwjr1219 asks:
Q:

Would I be able to go to college?

Hello, I am currently a student (17 years olds, Year 12) living in New Zealand; attending a high school and currently doing the 2 year IB course.
2010 is nearly over and my rough year (one year) of IB is over, which resulted in plain disappointment from everyone including my family, friends and especially myself. To tell the truth, I haven't tried my best this year due to my bad habits of being lazy, procrastinating and most of all myself not realizing the importance of studying. But lately I came to realize that academics in life is a real important element especially for my future as I want to become a doctor. There is one year left of the IB course and my first year's grades have been terrible and a utter disappointment(as in C's and D's). I want to try my best next year and obtain good grades. But my school suggested me to drop to NCEA (National Certificate of Educational Achievement, is what New Zealand children attain at the end of their secondary education. It operates at three levels, from 1 to 3) or do another year of IB (repeating year 12 ). It is really devastating hearing everyone say its impossible for me to do well and that I can not get into college. But the saddest thing is that, now I am starting to get suspicious of myself if I can really do this or not..Do you think I can get into a good college in the States if I work my best for the remaining year of IB? and is there any suggestions for my academic future? (i.e. attending a community college etc )
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Houli

Your question indicates that you are very serious about getting into college, and you are to be congratulated for your motivation. Getting into a college in the US is not impossible if you are willing to be flexible about the colleges that offer students who are 'late bloomers' an opportunity to get further higher education.

In order to find various colleges, you should look online for information about how you can learn more about the colleges you are interested in, including admission standards.

1
0