born_in_alaska
born_in_ala... , Student asks:
Q:

How do colleges accommodate students with autism?

I am doing a research essay on college students and autism for my English Composition 1 class and any information concerning colleges and autism combined will help a lot. For me, the information that I receive will help me to understand autism and how it will affect my brother who is a freshman in high school and has autism. Thanks for your help.
In Topics: Learning styles and differences, Getting ready for college, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

sfreedmanphd
sfreedmanphd writes:
There's lots of info on this topic online.  collegeautismspectrum.com is a good website to start with.  There are some books also, which you can preview at amazon.com by typing in autism college.  The Yale Child Study Center also has a lecture series about college students with autism.  There should be no loss of info for you.  Good luck!

Sarita Freedman, PhD, author "Developing College Skills in Students with Autism & Asperger's Syndrome" (2010, JKP).

0
0
Anonymous