Anonymous
Q:

How can i concentrate in my studies..... my mind is diverting into other stupid thing while i am studying........

In Topics: State education standards, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

It's easy to get distracted while studying because most likely you would like to be doing something more exciting.  

The best thing you can do to stay focused while studying is to eliminate all outside distractions.  This includes cell phones, television, music, and other people.  Try to go to a cool quiet place to study where you know there won't be people talking around you.  It will take some self control, but turn your cell phone off, this includes no texting.  Try to avoid any outside distractions and you'll do great.

Good Luck!
1-800-448-3000

6
1

ilovechefwilliam
ilovechefwi... , Teacher, Caregiver writes:
I am currently going through the same thing right now.  I work as a teacher, working on my masters, babysit every day, volunteer with Girl Scouts, and volunteer with other organizations.  I have found that if I make myself a list of things that I need to do it really helps.  I also set timers for myself.  I also chunk my homework and take breaks in between.  Good luck!

1
0
rajarshi
rajarshi writes:
go to joga everyday...........

0
0
Marebear
Marebear , Student writes:
Try relaxing. As soon as your informed about a test or quiz, study the material, so you can avoid cramming. If you suspect a pop quiz coming up, review the material. as for the distraction..... hmmmmm. Try the reward system. Everytime you study one thing, take a break and text your friends or go on facebook for a half hour. Or you could imagine the boring stuff, fun! I go through the same thing, so i really hope my tips work!!!!

3
0
BigSis
BigSis writes:
I would try studying at the library or in a study room :)

0
0
guardianfriend
guardianfri... writes:
Its all about your mindset! First thing first whenever you get distracted, get your focus on your goal, its very important to know why you are doing this, once you figure out what is that you want, miraculously everything falls in place,

0
0
jmamable
jmamable , Caregiver writes:
For me, it helps to get out of the house. Try the library, a local coffeeshop or cafe, or if the weather's good, a public park. It also helps me to take breaks as soon as I get stuck on something. If I sit and stare, that usually only frustrates me and deflates my morale. If I go get a snack, or go for a walk, I can come back to it with a fresh perspective.
Group studying isn't a bad idea either, as long as everyone is motivated and has the same goals in mind.

0
0
arivazhagan
arivazhagan writes:
simple.......Don't study too much in evening time.....because u would be feeling tired and u may lose ur concentration very easily after returning from clg......... u can do ur home work, assignments or project works at evening time........ The best time to study is early morning..... wake up early at 4 or 5, sit away from ur mobile,tv and system...... read, whatever the teacher thought to u previous day...... u will surely able to learn easily..... let me tell u with an eg. i am a b.tech 2 year student.... last year., i studied too much.... but didn't got enough marks...... this year, i followed this technique given by one of my teacher..... i got superb marks........ It was amazing..... just follow this method for few days. i hope that u will surely get success.... ALL THE BEST MY DEAR FRIEND.......

0
0
Anonymous