rkrieps
rkrieps asks:
Q:

What is considered a terrorist threat, and is this an example of one?

the other day at school, a kid was continually telling me, "i will stick a knife in your throat." after i continually told him not to threaten me, and he still was, i beat him up. I was honestly scared that he was going to stab me. After i left school, i am a sophomore in high school, without talking to the principle, the cops came to my house. it turns out that he was pressing charges on me for battery, and that i had hit him so hard that his tooth went through his cheek. i was wondering if what he had said to me is considered a Terrorist Threat, and if it is not, then what is it. Also, i am currently suspended from school for five days, which i completely understand, however, he is back at school only two days afterwards.  After i talked to the principle, i understand that i should have told somebody what he had told me before i beat him up, but i did what i was taught to, and what i believe was the right thing to do to stay alive. Please help me, it will be greatly appreciated.
In Topics: Teen issues, School safety (not bullying), Friendships and peer relationships

|

fritzr
fritzr writes:
A threat in itself is not necessarily a terrorist threat.  However, the law is very broad these days and pretty much any kind of threat is now called a terrorist threat since the penalties are stronger.  The actual legal term at play here is called assualt.  An assualt doesn't have to take place with somebody actually hurting you.  An assualt takes place if you feel you are in immediate and imminent danger of bodily harm.  the assualter must have made an overt act such as raising their fist or brandishing a knife for it to move froma  simple threat (not illegal) to assualt. If this was not the case and you escalated the situation to violence then you are indeed guilty because you did the wrong thing.  If on the other hand you had reason to believe he was about to attack then that would be a justification for self defense.

Check out the link below for more details and definitely get yourself a lawyer.  This is serious stuff that could follow you the rest of your life.

0
0
Anonymous