hollygum asks:

Who to contact about a bad teacher

I saw a teacher roughly handel a kindergarten student. I reported it to the principal and superintendent no action was taken. Two other parent saw this same teacher pull a another students hair and reported it still no action was taken. One of the parents who saw it had a meeting with the principal,supperintendent and the tacher in question and they told the parent they believe the teacher so no need to take action so thats it. One mother is so upset by this she asked her child be placed in antoher class and they told her no because she has no grounds because the teacher 'said' that it never happend. Please help what can we do? Any info will help.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, My Relationship with my child's school, School safety (not bullying)
> 60 days ago



Apr 23, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

You are concerned about how a teacher handled a child first grade. The principal and superintendent may have taken action, but may not discuss the outcome with you (since you are not the parent of the child in question).

Much of what you have in your statement is hearsay-- someone told you this or that. This type of information is like gossip and may be hurtful to all involved.

If you see an adult being abusive to a child, you may call Child Protective Services and report the incident. You need to give factual information not what others have said to you. The names of the people involved, the place, and time are important information in the report (which may be made online or by phone).

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (1)

KarenZellers writes:
First of all, I am so sorry that students in that school are being treated that way. The most effective way to handle a situation like this is to put what you saw in a letter to the principal with a copy to the superintendent. If you can get the other parents to do the same, it would help. This makes a paper trail that can then be followed up. If the behavior or the teacher continues, take it to the President of the School Board by requesting a meeting with him/her and presenting the letter or letters. There are proper channels to go through in requesting the meeting, usually through the treasurer of the school district.

If this doesn't help, maybe a local TV station would be helpful in getting the message out to the public that this is going on in the school.

Thank you for caring enough for all the students in that school and speaking up!
> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely