Calsobro
Calsobro asks:
Q:

Please have someone contact me about a book on a published reading list for Baker County

I am looking to purchase books on a published reading list for Baker County.  My parents are residents of Baker County and my mother desires to read the books on the list.  I have found (and purchased from Amazon.com) all but one of the listed books.  I have tried to find"If Walls Could Talk" by Dr. Jean Dowling.  My mother provided me with a newspaper clipping titled "Learn local history and fulfill required reading".  Can someone please help me obtain a copy of this book? My intentions are to give my mother the five books listed.  I can be contacted at 610-8003.  Thank you.          
In Topics: Recommended Books

|
Hi Calsobro,

I was unable to find the book "If Walls Could Talk" by Jean Dowling online. However, I did come across a book called "If Walls Could Talk" by Jean Carnahan. Might this be the one that you're looking for? It appears that the book is out of print, but it can be purchased used by a number of sellers on Amazon. I've included the link to purchasing it on Amazon in the Resources section below.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Alex

0
1
lynnkzip
lynnkzip writes:
I was fortunate to know the Dowlings and obtained a copy of "If Walls Could Talk" from "Ms. Jean", as we called her.  My cousin LaViece Smallwood wrote the foreword; she is the director of Heritage Park in Baker and might know where to find it, since it was self-published.  Her contact info is:

Heritage Park Village

102 South Lowder Street

Macclenny, Florida 32063

Call 904-259-7275 for information
(from http://heritagepark.cityofmacclenny.com/home/contact-us)
By the way, I would have called you, but you didn't include an area code!
Good luck,
Lynn Kirkland-Zippel

0
0