Koper
Koper asks:
Q:

Should I contact the school about an assault that took place outside the school grounds. Other assaults may have took place at school also?

My son was cornered and hit serval times with a soccer ball before hitting him serval times on the back with a lacrosse stick that left welts. The police were notified in this matter. So we have to decide weather we want to press charges or not. This boy goes to school with my son. My son is a shy and it is very hard to get things out of him. But when I asked him if this boy has done this to him before at school and commented that he has but won't tell me anything. Should I notify the school of this matter. These are sixteen year old kids. Or am I going to make things worse. Can't sleep thinking about. Nobody should go through this type of abuse.

|

AnnieFox

The short answer to your question, which is all you need, is absolutely YES! You need to notify the school immediately. An assault is a crime. Set up a meeting with the principal and the parents of the boy who attacked your son. The boy and your son need to be at this meeting as well and so should the school counselor. Do it today.

0
0

CampbellsMama
CampbellsMama writes:
YES! If the other kids were there for a school related event - like a practice - there should be a grey area of responsibility. But regardless - it's bullying. And we've all seen how horrible bad these things can end if let unchecked. I'd report it, verbally and in writing, to everyone- Campus administration, security, district police, district administration . . . it's all related to school so they need to know and you need to put them on notice. This type of 'look the other way because it's not officially ON Campus" will not be tolerated. Most states have passed Good Samaritan laws for this very reason. Schools should do it automatically.

0
0