isra513
isra513 asks:
Q:

can u control the amount of gas produced from decaying  garbage?

i need to know what will happens? what will cause it to happened?  what materials? and i need to know this by today please sent me many information u know?please help me
In Topics: Science fair

|

greenprof2

Sorry guy, I see nobody got to your question to help you in time. Wouldn't you want to collect it instead of control it?

0
0

chemteacher
chemteacher writes:
The only way to "control" gas production from decomposition is to slow down the reaction. This can be done by lower the temperature of the material. Another way is to change the type of material that is decaying: different materials produce different amounts and types of gases. A lot of the bacteria that contributes to the decay needs oxygen to survive, so putting the material in a sealed container with little or no oxygen would slow the reaction, but it would still chemically decay over time if the material was once "living" (plant or animal).

0
0