Q:

What is the correct age to learn instrumental music, and how to inspire my baby to play instrument?

Rebeca asks, "hi, warm wishes to you, i want to know what is the correct age for learn instrumental music, and how to inspire my baby to play instrument? thank you, waiting for your reply."

Above question asked after reading the article, "Instrumental Learning: Get Your Kid into Classical Music":
http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Class...
In Topics: Creative arts

|
bob , Parent writes:
My opinion is that you cannot start too young.  Infant toys that make tones - bells, squeeze horns of different notes - a re available.  When your child gets a little older and can grasp things, a push button xylophone is a good one, then graduation to a toy piano, etc.

Lessons are essential.  Rare is the child that is eager to take music lessons, but every adult I know who took lessons, usually piano, as a child regrets giving it up.

0
0
jasarthur
jasarthur , Teacher writes:
In my music teaching career spanning over 30 years, I've found that 5 is the ideal age to start music lessons. The child has usually been in a daycare or nursery school setting and by 5 is in kindergarten, so the teacher-student relationship has been established. Plus at that age reading skills have begun, which is a great aid to learning notation, a language in itself. Especially with piano music, beginner songs include words, so singing enhances and reinforces the learning process. I have started kids as early as 3 and 4 but this requires intensive involvement from the parents during daily practice sessions, as a child of that age needs guidance to fulfill their weekly assignments. If your "baby" is not ready for formal lessons, buy him or her a toy piano or organ to play with. Some come with color-based note systems to play simple songs, so reading is not necessary. This will spark interest and hopefully lead to a desire to study with a teacher.

0
0
I think it's great to expose toddlers to musical instruments such as toy pianos, xylophones, etc.  I've included a link to Oriental Trading Company that has a great beginner's rhythm set.  As far as learning to read notes, etc. I think around 8 years old with the recorder as a beginning instrument.  It is an inexpensive instrument and I allow my 5 year old to play with one, but he does not yet grasp the notes.  Enjoy!

0
0