frustrated! asks:

The county school board is fighting me on my transfer for my son to the city school district. What are my rights as a parent to get this transfer?

I was denied first, the I wrote an appeal and was denied. We then went before the board, another denial. I am not happy with the school he will be attending. I am closer to the city school. What are my rights as a parent to get this transfer done???
In Topics: Choosing a school, Working with school administrators
> 60 days ago



Jul 30, 2010
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

You may need to contact your state department of education to determine your course of action. There may also be an advocacy group in your area that will guide you through the process of transferring. Sounds like you have some strong feelings about the school. You may want to explore other options within the school district. Funding is linked to student attendance so this may be the grounds for the school district to deny your tranfer to the county.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely