frustrated!
frustrated! asks:
Q:

The county school board is fighting me on my transfer for my son to the city school district. What are my rights as a parent to get this transfer?

I was denied first, the I wrote an appeal and was denied. We then went before the board, another denial. I am not happy with the school he will be attending. I am closer to the city school. What are my rights as a parent to get this transfer done???
In Topics: Choosing a school, Working with school administrators

|

You may need to contact your state department of education to determine your course of action. There may also be an advocacy group in your area that will guide you through the process of transferring. Sounds like you have some strong feelings about the school. You may want to explore other options within the school district. Funding is linked to student attendance so this may be the grounds for the school district to deny your tranfer to the county.

0
0