shammi
shammi asks:
Q:

what are courses for a 10th class pass student-boy (india/delhi-ncr), profound deaf, but can lip read and speak hindi & english for future of child?

The boy student (10th pass) is profoundly deaf (normal child) but can lip read and speak in her mother tounge-hindi and also in english.
Which universities offer courses for such students and what are the courses offered after 10th or 12th, so that the boy should not feel demoralised?
In case to continue further studies after 10th, which subjects to take in 11th class?
In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school

|
missgigimeowcat
missgigimeo... , Teacher, Parent writes:
I am an educator in the United States who is married to an Indian and lived in India for a year. I am not well-versed in the Indian educational system, other than reading about it while living in India.

I did a web search for "colleges for the deaf in India" on Google and found one link that may help you and your son. It is listed below.

I do know that there is NO reason why a boy of average or better intelligence who can lip read in two languages should not be offered opportunities to attend a university.

Please also consider, if applicable, that colleges and universities in the United States (and other countries) provide academic assistance for disabled (deaf, blind, etc) so that they may attend university with appropriate accommodations.

0
0
sweetieincinci-oh
sweetieinci... , Parent, Teacher writes:
I agree with the previous post. Check with the universities that your student wants to attend and see if they offer anything. I'm not versed in India's college systems but you might find professors who are willing to provide their notes for your student. I know universities here pay students to provide their notes for students. I got 10 USD per class I turned in my notes for an anonymous student in my class. I didn't know who was getting my notes but I got paid to just make a copy.

0
0
janelee4652655
janelee4652... writes:
Very good university National Institute for empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD)
They offers many courses
1)Certificate in Prosthetic & Orthotic (CPO)
2)Diploma in Special Education (Cerebral Palsy)
3)Diploma in Special Education (Deafblind)
4)Diploma in Special Education (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
5)B.Ed-Special Education (Multiple Disabilities)
6)Certificate in ECSE- Enabling Inclusion Cerebral Palsy (IGNOU Distance Education)
They are very attentive to such students and you can expect for essays  help

0
0