Mariline
Mariline asks:
Q:

I'm looking for creative and interesting curricula for homeschooling my 11-year old, especially History and English; does anyone have ideas?  Thanks!

In Topics: Homeschooling

|
Patrick08
Patrick08 writes:
Hi Mariline, you can find some great reading and writing worksheets and activities right here at Education.com.  These tend to add some fun to a curriculum.  As a homeschooler you don't have to stick to a strict curriculum plan, but can mix and match different things to find what suits you and your child best.

There are many full curriculum programs you can buy though, and The Big Book of Home Learning (Vol. 1) by Mary Pride has a list of curriculum suppliers and reviews.

oakmeadow and setonhome are both examples of full curriculum packages you can purchase.

1
0
heathernslc
heathernslc writes:
Learn and Serve America's National Service-Learning Clearinghouse (www.servicelearning.org) has resources on and lesson plans for service-learning for k-12 students. Service-learning is a teaching and learning approach that integrates community service with academic outcomes in order to benefit both the student and the community.

Service-learning can happen in a classroom, in a community-based organization or faith-based setting, and it can definitely happen in homeschooling!

You can find sample lesson plans that are searchable by subject and grade level here: www.servicelearning.org/slice

You can find more information on service-learning in our free to download or order "Service-Learning: A Guide for Parents" which can be found here: www.servicelearning.org/instant_info/parents/index.php

Also, feel free to ask me (the NSLC librarian) for any further information by emailing me at heatherm@etr.org

1
0