CBGuthrie asks:

Can we cross over from Chatham County to Wake County to attend elementary school?

We currently live in Chatham Cty, just across the Wake County line.  Wake County public schools are closer to our home than the Chatham Cty public schools.  Is it possible to cross over to Wake County?  Is there a fee for doing so?
In Topics: School and Academics, Choosing a school, Public School
> 60 days ago



Apr 18, 2013
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Call the central office for Wake County and ask about out-of-district requirements. School districts are usually funded by average daily attendance. That means crossing over to another county means Wake County collects a per diem for your child that would be funding Chatham City. It is possible but it may be costly.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely