Mummmyof2
Mummmyof2 asks:
Q:

The cut off date for pre k is September 1st, my 3 year olds birthday is September 5th. Please HELP!

I have a 3 year old that wont be turning 4 until after the cut off date for the age appropriate time to start pre k. There was once, if im not mistaking, a test that they would give children to see if they were prek ready if their birthday fell within the month that pre k was to start. Is there any way I can contact the school board or someone that handles these matters to see if we could get him into school? Please help.
In Topics: Preschool, Choosing a preschool, Preparing my child for preschool

|
Delphina1972
Delphina1972 writes:
Start by calling the office also many school have websites where you can access the company directory. I know they do this for kindergarten where we live but I am not sure about pre-K. There is someone to check messages at the school office from time to time if they are on summer break. I would talk to the principal to see who you need to contact directly. Every school is different.

0
0
kg6gkh
kg6gkh writes:
My daughter also turns 4 after the cut off for the Head Start 4 yr old class. she is very advanced and I had the class worker talk to the higher up to get her in the 4's. Is your child in Head Start? you can fight it our daughter would have been a little teacher to the 3's and that was not an answer for her. I would contact the Director of the school, then get the number for the board members if possible. If not see about changing schools that will put her in the 4's class.

I hope this has helped.

1
0