shaunabvb
shaunabvb asks:
Q:

I need help I cut and I keep having urges to stab my wrists.

I have been cutting for a year now and I now have sudden urges to stab my wrists and arms with whatever sharp thing I find everyone one at school found out about it and my friends began to cut with me so there's no one to Help me and I'm afraid my school teachers and parents will find out I cut because they won't support me they will just ground me and take away everything sharp of me and won't let me be independant anymre.
I think I'm getting a stage where I do need Help because I've also started to carve I hate you on my arms and things like I'm not okay I promise.
I've began to get migraines when I try to stop.
Could a counseller or someone email me with advice my email is [personal information removed by the Education.com Community Team] please I need Help and id rather get Help soon before my parents find out.
In Topics: Teen issues, Cutting

|

As difficult as it may be you need to tell an adult what's going on. You are right it can be very scary to talk with someone about how we are feeling. If you are worried about how your parents might react maybe start with the school counselor or a favorite teacher. They can help you talk with your parents.

Yes your parents are going to be upset and worried and will probably take the things that you are using to cut away from you. They will do this because they are worried and want to make sure that you are safe.

We have also included some articles from our website that you might find helpful.

http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/99-Coping-Skills.aspx
http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/HaveaProblemTalkingtoYourParents.aspx
http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/Howto.aspx

1-800-448-3000
0
0

lexi5678
lexi5678 writes:
draw lines on your wrist with a marker or sharpie. it reminds you that your strong enough not to cut.

0
0
JoshRawrrs1
JoshRawrrs1 writes:
I know you are afraid of telling your parents, but you must. I have a bestfriend that have gone through this before, I told him these steps, he didn't necessarily follow through with them all, but the results were that he is back to normal. No more cutting, even more happy, open minded person.

Let's start with some backstory. When I was in my freshman year of highschool, I found that my friend have a lot of scars left on his shoulder and arms. I start to ask him what happened? He wouldn't tell me. He just said it was nothing and doodle off. One day, I was returning a book to the library and happen to walk pass a small alleyway where most of the people in my school sit in their to hide, or to sleep, to ditch class. Surprisingly, teachers never check there. I found my bestfriend hiding in there with a sharp glass and writing, "I don't care" in small letters all over his arms. I went over snatch the glass away and throw it on the floor. Shattering it to pieces. I told him, "that's where you get all those scratches!" He responded, "yea! So what?" Moments pass, and I start to tell him about my pass as a drug addict, I told him you still can change.

I told him to go tell his parents that he has been engaging in these activites. At first, he was scared, everyone is scared when approaching your parents. When he finally built up the courage to talk to them, not only were they not angry, (well, not in a violent tone) but they were worried and had a family talk about how they can help. It's been 2 years since the incident. And now he's the most outgoing guy in highschool. He still is my bestfriend, and I love him as a brother. So don't give up, and seriously, don't hide from your parents. They only want to help. Trust me.

0
0