lsd12345
lsd12345 asks:
Q:

My daughter is 16 this October and is refusing to ever go back in school. Can I as a parent still get taken to court over this?

In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school, Teen issues

|

Allyn Anderson

A simple answer to your question is --- probably. However, it seems that your daughter is really upset about school in general. Have you had a chance to talk with her "heart to heart?" Is there a bullying issue? Is she having trouble learning? Are her friends choosing not to go? Often when you have a clearer idea about what's going on from her perspective, that will open up avenues of support for her. For instance, does she need to speak with a private counselor? Would an alternative program offered by your school district be better for her? Start to help by getting a better idea of your daughter's "real" concerns; often one has to listen a lot before the "real" problem surfaces. Good luck in your search.

2
0

cgomes
cgomes writes:
Without knowing what state you're in, we can't properly address this question, as truancy laws are different for different states. Once we know what state you need information for, we can give you some resources to answer your question. Thanks!

0
0
Anonymous