SMILEYMILL
SMILEYMILL asks:
Q:

My daughter is 16 years old and in high school. She doesn't want to go to school. Advice?

In Topics: Self esteem and identity

|

AnnieFox

You haven't given me a lot of information here. Is your daughter's school refusal behavior something that just started recently or has she felt this way a while? If it's recent, then it would be really important to find out what's going on at school that's making her want to stay away. It could be a particularly difficult teacher or a course that she's feeling lost in. More often than not teens who don't want to go to school are experiencing some social stressors... teasing, bullying, former friends who've turned against them, etc. My suggestion is to calmly and respectfully talk with your daughter. Be a safe person for her to open up to. Let her know that you're on her side and you want to help. But in order to do that you need to know what's going on.
1
0

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this trouble with your daughter. She is lucky to have a parent that is so motivated to keep her in school.

It would help if you could provide more details about the situation to better answer your question. Why doesn't she want to go to school? Does she seem depressed our out of character? Is she currently still attending school?

0
0