Mrs.mccloud
Mrs.mccloud asks:
Q:

My daughter is 4, just started pre k and has been bad and getting worse. They suspended her for a day and may kick her out. What do I do?

She has been in a pre k setting for day care the last two years, she is smarter than most of the kids in her class. She started having a rough time at nap time and it has spread to the whole day. They do a behavior chart with her where she goes to a buddy room for 30 mins then it's for an hour if she's bad two more times. I go during nap time to get her to sleep when I can and on those days she's great but my husband and I are dual military and it's hard to get out for things, plus my husband is about to deploy and I feel she will get worse then. I need help. We have tried everything from bribes to punishments. HELP!
In Topics: Preschool, Parenting / Our Family, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Sorry to hear about behavioral problems that your daughter has.  You have been under a lot of stress as it is...

On occasion, behavioral problems in children might be a result of medical problems, such as diabetes or thyroid disease. So start by seeing your daughter's regular doctor or nurse practitioner.

Also, children who experience stress act out.  Consider seeing a pediatric psychologist who can help your daughter deal with the stress she might experience due to your lifestyle.

0
0
Anonymous