meenal
meenal asks:
Q:

is my daughter at the age of 3  fit to go to a playschool?

i have a duaghter who is exactly 2yrs and 9montths .i want to put her in a play school.is thios a wise decision or not? i am not able to deciede,as she is very thrilled to go to a school.my husband says we shall get her only in the nursery once she is 3.5yrs.please suggest i am very condfused about the deciosion for my daughter.
In Topics: Preparing my child for preschool

|

Hi meenal,

Deciding when to have a child start preschool is tricky for many families.  It's not mandatory, but teachers and research studies agree that kids who have some formal preschool are a lot more prepared for kindergarten than those who don't.  Deciding whether to send her at 2.9 really comes down to whether or not you feel like she's ready for some time away from you, whether or not you can find a program you really like with a schedule that works for your family, and whether or not you can afford to send her.  Both of my sons really benefitted from having time a way from me and from being with lots of other kids when they were that age.  Maybe you could explain to your husband why you believe your daughter should go?

Here's an article I think is really good about what to look for in a preschool:  http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_10_Signs_Great/

Good luck and please let us know what you decide,

Education.com community team

0
0