kileesmom
kileesmom asks:
Q:

My daughter's b-day is 8/24 she started pre k at 3&kinder at 4. She is 5&in kinder the youngest in her class. She excelled in prek but struggling in k

Ki did very well in pre k and has excellent behavioral & social marks as well as art,music,pe. She is average in writing, reading, science but she struggles. I spoke to her teacher who said that k is doing what 1st grade did last year. She has homework everyday & spelling tests on Friday. I work very hard with her but she loves learning so much that I don't want her to get discouraged. She is used to being good at school & is frustrated. I think it's affecting her self esteem. I'm not sure if she is just to young or am I expecting too much and should let her be challenged. The long day wears her out so she has trouble studying for spelling when she comes home & tunes out. Any suggestions are welcome.
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|